We're looking for a FinOps Specialist to join our Cloud Optimizer team. Cloud Optimizer is a managed service focused on helping customers efficiently orchestrate their cloud resources. The attributes that make the cloud such a powerful source of technological innovation—on-demand provisioning, scalable, and elastic resources, the sheer velocity of newly launched and improved service offerings—also make cloud management a unique and complex challenge. On a day-to-day basis, you will be helping customers distill large amounts of usage data into meaningful business intelligence. The goal of the Cloud Optimizer team is to help our clients develop into more mature and innovative consumers of the cloud.As a FinOps Specialist, you will need to be comfortable working with data and presenting conclusions clearly. You will also need to be at ease with general support of technology products and services. But most importantly, you need to be comfortable engaging with customers, understanding their needs, and helping them accomplish their goals.If you have experience as a CSM (Customer Success/Service Manager), TAM (Technical Account Manager), BA (Business Analyst), Financial Analyst, or Technology Consultant and you are looking to extend your skills, then we want to talk to you!
- Manage and deliver fast-paced, high-impact engagements with enterprise companies.
- Build relationships with client-side and internal stakeholders to drive successful engagements.
- Deliver recommendations on topics ranging from architectural optimization to organizational management.
- Serve as a multi-cloud subject-matter expert, helping clients plan and execute efficient adoption and integration of cloud technologies and platforms.
- Enable clients to understand and use their cloud data across technical and non-technical business units.
- Derive insights and recommendations based on big data.
- Assess client needs and provide elegant solutions and recommendations.
- Subject matter expertise in cloud platforms and services including AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Significant customer-facing experience and success managing senior and executive stakeholders.
- Proven experience working with big data, including tools or languages like MySQL, R, Tableau, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines smoothly.
- Enables cloud users to align their cloud technology adoption with their business strategies.
- Advises the world’s largest AWS, GCP, Azure, and other Cloud users on topics ranging from cloud architecture to organizational governance to cloud economics, driving efficient cloud adoption and usage for our clients.
- Consultation encompasses cloud architecture, big data analytics, finance, and business strategy. Analyzes complex, multi-cloud cost and performance datasets -- as well as organizational behavior and strategies to derive insights, recommend cloud adoption and management strategies, and optimize cloud use across whole organizations.
- Customer-facing role with cross-functional expertise and responsibilities.
- Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed.
What you'll be doing
- You will be assigned to 10-15 enterprise cloud customers.
- You will prepare in-depth analyses using big data and present to high-level stakeholders at our largest clients. You will prepare supporting documentation and reports for those reviews.
- Work with other Rackspace teams (professional services and managed services) to support the delivery of cloud management projects and support best practices.
- Provide financial analysis of client cloud spend including trend reporting, identification of opportunities for cloud optimization, and outlining recommendations and proposals for optimization projects.
- Demonstrate expertise in knowledge of the AWS platform, guiding each client in their utilization of AWS services.
- Provide onboarding services to new Rackspace Cloud Optimizer customers.
- Support the sales team in new business activities, as needed.
- Work on assigned key initiatives, including new service offerings, profitability analysis, tool assessments, marketing initiatives, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
Are you a Racker?
- 5+ years' experience supporting technology products or services in some capacity. Must be able to “talk tech” credibly with engineers and developers.
- Customer relationship management with some experience directly managing key stakeholder relationships.
- Data analysis and the ability to turn data into insights.
- Ability to work with our data visualization portal and easily grasp day-to-day tasks such as trend analysis and anomaly detection.
- Must be a pro-level user of Excel and be comfortable creating summaries and visuals (pivot tables and charts) to support ad-hoc report delivery.
- Familiarity with any advanced data analysis tools is a plus but not required; for example: Tableau, Alteryx, PowerBI, SQL, etc. We use Alteryx extensively.
- Excellent communication skills, both client-facing and internal. Proven ability to lead meetings with C-level executives. Ability to prepare clear and concise documentation (MS Word, PowerPoint).
- We do not require any specific experience with the AWS platform (we will teach you), but if you have some, that is also a plus.
- Similarly, experience using a cloud management platform (AWS Cost Explorer, CloudHealth, CloudCheckr, CloudAbility) is a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to cross-sell and up-sell is a major plus.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
Rackers thrive in fast-paced environments built to inspire learning, growing, and innovating. They are mission-inspired, values-grounded, culture-focused, and dedicated to making a positive impact in everything they do. Rackers are inherently wired to solve problems and share ideas in small, nimble teams. As experts in what they do, Rackers are serious about delivering a Fanatical Experience™ to our customers. Rackers are valued members of a winning team on an inspiring mission and we want you to join the Racker family! Why work at Rackspace Technology?
Find your fanatical. We deliver the best customer experience in the industry to businesses that perform life-saving research, power cities, and feed millions. Come as you are. Cultivating inclusion is not just the right thing to do, it enables us to win. Our Executive Inclusion Council and Racker Resource Groups (RRGs) partner to enable an inclusive workplace and drive initiatives such as Rackspace’s participation in the annual Texas Conference for Women. Satisfy your curiosity. No matter where you are going, we can help you get there. Our internal learning department, Rackspace University®, provides training and development to Rackers – from Microsoft™ certifications to effective leadership training – our goal is to help you grow. Make a difference. At the core of every Racker is a drive to leave the world better than we found it, and we are passionate about giving back to our communities across the globe. While Rackers can leverage paid volunteer time off for any cause, our Rack Gives Back program creates opportunities for Rackers to give their time and talent to others. Live life completely. We offer a well-rounded suite of health and wellness programs that help our Rackers achieve a healthy and balanced lifestyle. So while our Rackers are busy taking care of our customers, we take care of our Rackers. “The following information is required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and the New York City Pay Transparency Act. This applies only to individuals working in the state of Colorado or in New York City. The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado and New York City applicants for this role is 75,300 – 107,360 for CO and 87,800 – 125,180 for NYC. Unless already included in the posted pay range and based on eligibility, the role may include variable compensation in the form of bonus, commissions, or other discretionary payments. These discretionary payments are based on company and/or individual performance and may change at any time. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits
offered is here.” #LI-Remote #LI-MJ1About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.