Working at AtlassianAtlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian’s Associate Product Manager (APM) internship program is designed to start growing ambitious, creative all-rounders into the next generation of global product leaders.Expect to be empowered to do your best work, thanks to the finely honed combination of autonomy and support that our APM Program is known for. This unique and “self-running” opportunity as an APM intern will give your career a head start with great support from a non-traditional entrepreneurial team and experience in steering the direction of our products. You’ll play a crucial role in solving urgent problems for our customers, while paired with an experienced mentor that will support you in understanding the ins and outs of Product Management.Every APM intern gets to work on projects that are important to Atlassian, like building features for brand new products, brainstorming high-impact ideas, and running experiments to improve the customer experience. You’ll get a feel for life as a Product Manager, while also getting a close look into what it’s like to be a full-time member of our APM Program when you graduate. Most importantly, the APM internship is 12 weeks spent doing real work with us, as a respected member of the team.In this role, you'll have the opportunity to wear multiple hats while designing creative solutions to our customer's greatest challenges. We promise you'll never be bored!Applicants must be able to commit to a 12 week full-time (38hrs / week) internship from late November 2023 until late February 2024 (in case your course timeline does not allow for a placement during this timeframe, we may be able to provide flexibility).Applicants must also have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Permanent Residency at the time of application.
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters program and be completing your studies by January 2025.
- Have strong communication skills, with a style that’s both clear and empathetic
- Have a passion for building products, talking to customers about their needs, and analysing market dynamics
- Interest in translating customer insights into actionable deliverables for our Engineering teams
- Be able to think from multiple perspectives, balancing the needs of stakeholders while also considering the big picture
It’s great, but not required, if you:
Our perks & benefits
- Entrepreneurial experience in any domain
- Internship experience in software, consulting, or investment banking
- Experience building software, either through programming yourself or working closely with engineers
- An understanding of what makes for great design, either through designing products yourself or working closely with designers
- Experience collaborating with others on complex decisions in the face of ambiguity
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.About Atlassian
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
.We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub