Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. In the process, we’re transforming the workplace experience through the power of transparency and further cementing ourselves as the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights. By choosing a career at Glassdoor, you’ll be directly contributing toward our vision for a world where transparency empowers the workforce and motivates companies to become better employers.
Please note: This role may be open to remote hiring. Our office locations are in San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; London, UK; and Dublin, Ireland.
About the Role
As an Application Security Analyst, you will be improving Glassdoor's application security posture and keeping our platform safe for millions of customers around the world! We are looking for someone who loves to analyze, test and triage application vulnerabilities, manage our public bug bounty program, participate in code and product security reviews, and respond to security anomalies as a part of a SOC team. You will partner closely with our internal teams, vendors, and external testers, so solid interpersonal skills are a must. This role is a great opportunity to advance an application security program and drive remediation of security weaknesses with an enterprise-wide impact!
What You'll Do:
- Be an advocate for application security within the organization
- Manage day-to-day operations of our bug bounty program: respond to bug bounty triage team and ethical hackers in a timely and respectful manner; review, replicate, and triage bug bounty submissions; work with development teams to remediate with the appropriate priority and within the appropriate SLA; manage bug bounty payouts; perform code review; and retest to confirm successful remediation
- Help improve our application security tool stack to optimize vulnerability detection
- Find common patterns and themes within our application vulnerabilities and work with our Lead Application Security Engineer to address the root causes
- Assist with third party penetration testing engagement and remediation efforts
- Keep abreast of the latest security issues and technologies
- Own and improve process and procedural documentation
- Participate in on-call rotation (nights and weekends) for Security Operations alert response
- Assist with daily activities and functions of the Security team (including alert & incident response) to maintain security posture as well as policy and compliance commitments
What You'll Bring:
- A commitment to add to our culture of DEI
- Experience replicating application security flaws using open-source tools and/or home-grown scripts and determining their threat, impact, and remediation priority
- 2+ years of experience in web application penetration testing or a web application-focused security analyst role is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent knowledge and experience
- CEH, GWEB, GCIH or equivalent certifications are preferred
- Ability to automate repetitive tasks, using Python or other scripting language, is a plus
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment and effectively collaborate across teams
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to clearly articulate to both a technical and functional audience
Compensation and Benefits
Base Salary Range*: $120,000.00- $180,000.00++
*Glassdoor base salaries are targeted to the market 75th percentile for technical roles and the 65th percentile for non-technical roles. In other words, 65-75% of comparable organizations in our industry will pay less.
Annual Bonus Target**: 10%
**Bonuses are paid in 6-month intervals, aligning with bi-annual performance reviews
Generous Restricted Stock Units (RSU):
***Restricted Stock Units (RSU) are awarded at hire and may be refreshed annually. Additionally, as a pay-for-performance company, RSU grant awards are presented bi-annually to exceptional performers.
You can learn more about our compensation philosophy here and see salary ranges for all Glassdoor jobs here.
Health and Wellness: 100% employer-paid premiums for employee medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, select well-being programs, along with 80% employer-paid premiums for all dependents.
- Generous paid time off programs for birthing and non-birthing parents are provided, along with paid injury/illness leave and paid family emergency leave.
- Coverage begins at the start of employment. After 48 months of continuous employment, 100% of all premiums for you and your dependents can be employer-paid!
Work/Life Balance:Open Paid Time Off policy, in addition to 15-20 paid company holidays/year
Investing in Your Future: 401(k) plan with a company match up to $5,000 per year, subsidized fertility and family planning services, and discounted legal assistance services.
Our Company Values and Commitments
- Transparency: We are open and honest. We share information – the good and the bad – so we can continuously learn, collaborate and make the right decisions. Pay bands, our compensation philosophy, and employee feedback polls are shared publicly.
- Innovation: We actively pursue new and different ways to further Glassdoor’s mission. We forge our own path by challenging the status quo. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
- Good People: We work together with integrity, respect and compassion for one another. We have fun together! We are inclusive, fair and humble while remaining confident. We do the right thing, period.
- Grit: We are resilient, inventive and fearless. We see challenges as opportunities. With passion and courage, we come together to get the job done.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our dedication. We also provide programs and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.