Manages the delivery of contracted services to clients to ensure that SLAs (service level agreements) and KPI (key performance indicators) as defined in the relevant contracts are met or exceeded. Ensures that operational teams have a clear understanding of client requirements. Builds and maintains strong client relationships and provides day-to-day client advice and support. Promotes the organization's capabilities to clients, identifies sales opportunities to be forwarded to the account executives and achieves contract extensions or additional business within the account(s). Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures and any other relevant policies and standards as directed.
Career Level Summary
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline or field.
- Leads others to solve complex problems.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- May provide functional leadership to teams or projects.
- Account Development: Identifies key buyers, decision makers, influencers/stakeholders across a customer organization and develops/nurtures strategic account relationships. Creates opportunities (e.g., progress meetings, fact-finding/exploratory meetings) to grow customer accounts and expand business opportunities and relationships. Gathers information about customer business challenges/drivers and leverages internal relationships to identify and align resources to meet customer needs.
- Customer Knowledge: Develops and shares expert knowledge of customer's organization structure (e.g., geographies, business units), operations and business processes, and how they support the customer's strategic objectives, in order to identify customer needs Identifies customer’s key decision makers and leverages an understanding of their unique perspectives and priorities when building relationships Maintains thorough knowledge of customer’s industry, including key market and economic factors impacting business performance, as well as competitive landscape, in order to assist in creating effective customer solutions
- Service Delivery Effectiveness: Reports service level outcomes and trends using metric tracking systems and tools. Provides input into SLAs and measures and interprets service delivery results against standards. Identifies service delivery gaps and implements plans to improve outcomes.
- Active Listening: Listens attentively, clarifying messages and expectations and asking thoughtful questions to determine any unstated needs of the speaker. Responds to others’ non-verbal behavior and picks up on the true message, whether spoken or unspoken. Validates the intent of the message and offers appropriate constructive input.
- Multi-tasking & Prioritization: Balances several projects and tasks simultaneously with minimal error and without losing track of important details or deliverables. Determines the relative impact and urgency of time-sensitive and complicated projects and tasks. Supports others in setting priorities and eliminating roadblocks; aligns own priorities with the objectives of the company and the department.
- Other Incidental tasks related to the job, as necessary.
- Responsible for processing component upgrades/downgrades by generating support tickets, and documenting customer churn in internal ticketing systems (ServiceNow/CORE).
- Provides input to, and executes on, churn mitigation strategies.
- Creates renewal and prepay agreement documentation, processes buy out agreements, and calculates/submits credit memos.
- Conducts monthly service reviews, preparing MAR/QBR materials.
- Handles customer escalations, serving as the main point of escalation during downtime events; and attending RCA sessions for individual customer incidents to compile incident reports.
- Responsible for following up with assigned customers on loyalty NPS survey responses, in addition to following up on closed tickets flagged as NPS-T, facilitating calls with internal support teams where necessary.
- Remains informed on the technical design/architecture of customer environments, reviewing contracts to stay up-to-date on server/hardware upgrades.
- Remains informed on all technical support activities for assigned customers, ensuring that maintenance planning, disaster recovery testing, security and compliance auditing, capacity management, environment audits, Ad-hoc reporting, customer environment documentation, vulnerability resolution, and patch management are completed according to customer needs.
- Supports Client Executives in the preparation and facilitation of customer visits; in discussions with Legal regarding quote approvals; and in negotiations for renewals, prepay agreements, buy out agreements, and credit memos, for assigned customers.
- Supports Client Engineers/Architects, by providing insight into the needs of assigned customers, as it relates to strategic account planning from a technology perspective; and providing cost governance recommendations, related to maintenances.
- Supports Customer Success Associates, and remains informed regarding administration activities for assigned customers (e.g. NPS administration, ticket routing, contract administration, etc.).
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline or field.
- Strong knowledge of hosting environment.
- Strong knowledge of business products, industry trends/best practices and solid understanding of financial terminology.
- Expert understanding of Rackspace’s differentiator in the market.
- Ability to interpret internal/external business challenges and recommend best practices to improve processes or services.
- Ability to adapt working style and approach to best communicate with various business contacts.
- Ability to apply previous work experiences to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making.
- Ability to understand and apply RAX customer support model and demonstrate value to customers.
- Expert interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Exhibits excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent creative problem-solving abilities.
- Flexible and adaptable to work schedule based on customer need.
- Ability to thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Able to prioritize and highly varied work level in order to maintain required productivity levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in field related to role required.
- At the Manager's discretion, 4 years of additional related experience may substitute for the degree requirement; if substitution allowed, regional equivalent to High School Diploma is required.
- ITIL certification preferred.
- 8 - 11 years of experience in the field of role required.
- Prior account management experience highly desirable.
- Relevant hosting/technology experience preferred.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
- General office environment: no special physical demands required.
- May require long periods of sitting and viewing a computer monitor.
- Schedule flexibility to include working weekends and/or evenings and holidays as required by the business for 24/7 operations.
- Occasional domestic/international travel, less than 50%
Are you a Racker?
- The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Rackers thrive in fast-paced environments built to inspire learning, growing, and innovating. They are mission-inspired, values-grounded, culture-focused, and dedicated to making a positive impact in everything they do. Rackers are inherently wired to solve problems and share ideas in small, nimble teams. As experts in what they do, Rackers are serious about delivering a Fanatical Experience™ to our customers. Rackers are valued members of a winning team on an inspiring mission and we want you to join the Racker family! Why work at Rackspace Technology?Find your fanatical
. We deliver the best customer experience in the industry to businesses that perform life-saving research, power cities, and feed millions. Come as you are
. Cultivating inclusion is not just the right thing to do, it enables us to win. Our Executive Inclusion Council and Racker Resource Groups (RRGs) partner to enable an inclusive workplace and drive initiatives such as Rackspace’s participation in the annual Texas Conference for Women. Satisfy your curiosity
. No matter where you are going, we can help you get there. Our internal learning department, Rackspace University®, provides training and development to Rackers – from Microsoft™ certifications to effective leadership training – our goal is to help you grow. Make a difference
. At the core of every Racker is a drive to leave the world better than we found it, and we are passionate about giving back to our communities across the globe. While Rackers can leverage paid volunteer time off for any cause, our Rack Gives Back program creates opportunities for Rackers to give their time and talent to others. Live life completely
. We offer a well-rounded suite of health and wellness programs that help our Rackers achieve a healthy and balanced lifestyle. So while our Rackers are busy taking care of our customers, we take care of our Rackers. #LI-BO1 #LI-Remote · "For applicants working in California, Colorado, Washington or New York City, we are excited to share the base salary ranges for this position exclusive of fringe benefits or potential bonus. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. o The anticipated starting pay range of California, Washington state and New York City applicants for this role is $103,300-$147,180.o The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado applicants for this role is $88,600-$126,280. · These ranges for candidates may be modified in the future. · Unless already included in the posted pay range and based on eligibility, the role may include variable compensation in the form of bonus, commissions, or other discretionary payments. These discretionary payments are based on company and/or individual performance and may change at any time. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits
offered is here.” About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future. More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.